wish I'd said that

A desk is a dangerous place from which to watch the world - John le Carre

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I'm back!

That's the trouble with the real world - it likes to get in the way.
Been working like a dog... wait a minute, do dogs really work?
Okay a few, but enough to warrant a popular expression AND a piece of Beatlemania? Then again what else goes so well with should be sleeping like a log?
My head is in a fog? Trying to write my blog?

Where was I?
Yes the real world.

One of my real world, pedestrian mundane type jobs is in the hardware department at Home Depot.
Yes, I'm a screwy nut guy who sometimes bolts.

It's Wednesday and I've just finished a five day stretch.
So I should be sleeping like a hog, but I have other obligations.
Matters of pressing importance. My BLOG!

The real downside of a day job is that keeps you from attending stuff.
Twice now I've missed my writers group meeting.
The Stop-Watch Gang.
Gang members: me
Steven Kotowych (the keeper of the clock, and my first follower - look over to the right. Yup, that's him. Check out his blog - Blogowych - it's much more informative than my ramble),
Tony Pi (that's Dr. Pi, also has a blog - At Wist End)
Mike Rimar (blog - Mike Rimar Reason - see I'm not the only one with a pun penchant),
Costi Gurgu ( better known as CYWG, Costi you Weird Guy)
Ian "I'll cut you" Keeling, (no blog as of yet, but he's threatening) and
Derwin Mak (blog - Derwinmaksf)
By the by, Derwin and Eric Choi are editors of a new an anthology called Dragon and the Stars - PLUG!!!
The Friends of the Merril Collection will sponsor a book launch for this anthology of fantasy and science fiction by writers of Chinese descent on May 13, 7:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M. in the 3rd floor Reading Room of the Merril Collection of Science Fiction, 239 College Street. Tony Pi is one of the contributors. And Urania Fung, who like Tony Pi and Costi Gurgu (who is not in Dragon and the Stars - confused yet?) is also one of us Ages of Wonders (see previous blog) writers.
But not a member of the Stop-Watch Gang.

Which is where I left off.

So I'm off.
But I'll be back. (that's either an invitation or a warning)





No comments:

Post a Comment